Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wedding on the Bay

On the road again... On the road again... In the air again...

Last Thursday I hopped on a plane and headed to Norfolk, Va and then hopped in a car and headed up the Eastern Shore of Virginia where one of my best friends, Alison, was getting married.  Jeff hopped in a car back in Morgntown with another friend of ours, and headed South for the wedding.

I arrived on the Shore very late Thursday evening, despite the nor 'easter that was blowing through as I was traveling.  Luckily my dear friend Alison is an amazing driver and got us through the nasty conditions.  The next morning, we got up early and headed to the reception site and began setting up the room for the festivities.  I had a blast spending time with Alison, and her mom and sister.  We got the room set up in no time and then Alison dropped me off at my hotel where I met up with Kristin - another bridesmaid and one of my friends since 1st grade.

Kristin and I were able to squeeze in a quick game of rummy before getting ready for the Rehearsal Dinner.  Alison picked us up and off we went to a very delicious dinner at the church.  After dinner we moved everyone into the church and began learning what we needed to do the day of the wedding!  The rehearsal went well and we headed north to meet up with our boys for bowling with the bridal party and all of Alison and Michael's friends!  We had a blast!  I was so excited to finally see Jeff!  I realize every day how much I miss being away from him, but when we are reunited I realize even more how much I miss him - especially at the end of a weekend together!

We all headed back to the hotel - thanks to Mike for driving down and bringing Jeff along!  (Mike is Kristin's boyfriend.)  The next morning, Kristin and I got up early and Alison picked us up and we headed out to get our hair done.  While we were there, we finished up a few small wedding details.  Everyone's hair looked beautiful!!!  We had lots of good laughs! :)  The hair dressers thought Kristin and I were sisters!!!  We both explained that if we were sisters, one of us wouldn't have survived this long... haha! :)

After hair, it was off to the reception site to add a few finishing touches and then to Alison's parents house to get ready for the big day!  We had very yummy BBQ ribs for lunch that Papa DeMoss made for us!  Then we hurried into our gowns, put on our make up and helped the bride into her beautiful dress.  The photographer was there before we knew it!  After some photos at the house, we jumped in the cars (Alison, her sister and I jumped in the convertible) and headed down the road to the church!  We arrived safely at the church and ran into the room so no one would see Alison.  After hiding out for what seemed like forever, the moment we all had waited for was before us.  As I waited in my spot at the front of the church with the other bridesmaids, it was hard for me to fight back the happy tears as I watched Alison, the first of our friends, walk down the aisle, ready to take her first step into the future.

The service was beautiful and the bride and groom were full of smiles!  After a few pictures at the church, the bridal party headed to a field for some fun photos!  We were all full of laughter.  Alison and Michael jumped on a boat on the Bay and headed to the reception via the boat.  The rest of us met her at the dock and then jumped on a "limo golf cart" and headed to the reception.  The food was amazing, the view was amazing, the people were fun and the bride and groom were nothing but smiles.  When the evening was over, we all headed back to the hotel where Kristin, Jeff, Mike, Tommy (a friend of ours from high school) and I stayed up playing cards well into the night.  We had a blast.

The next morning it was time to say our goodbyes as Mike, Kristin and Jeff dropped me off at Alison's parents house so her mom could take me to the airport.  It was so hard to fight away my tears.  I know I shouldn't cry, but I just hate telling Jeff goodbye - even though I know I will get to see him soon.

We had a wonderful weekend together and we began planning our "all things wedding weekend."  After mid-terms are over, Jeff will be in Charlotte for a few days, and we plan to spend the weekend doing "all things wedding" and just relaxing and enjoying each other's company.  I can't wait!!

Here are some photos from the wedding weekend...

The beautiful bay 
(which was behind the building the reception was in)


Jeff and I love to match when we are at special events... :)
Isn't he just adorable??  <3

The newlyweds! 

The three amigos...

 Close up of the 3 amigos...
Miss seeing you girls every day!

 Kristin & I with the newlyweds!

No comments:

Post a Comment