Sunday, June 20, 2010

Catch up!

Sorry we haven't posted in awhile!  We have both been incredibly busy over the past week or so!  Since our last post, we made another dinner together that was really yummy!  We made eggplant parmesan nests - thanks to the recipe from Rachel Ray!  We also made some bruschetta! Here are some pictures from our meal:








Last week we also made some "progress" on the wedding plans!  We got a budget worksheet created in excel thanks to Jeff's expertise.  Next on the list of wedding "to-dos" is working on the guest list!  I hear that it is quite the task... We shall see!!

Jeff and I also recently visited his family in Clymer the weekend of June 11-13.  We had a great time visiting everyone.  Jeff's mom and I spent Saturday working on a quilt project that I was working on for a friend of mine in Rainbow.  Before we left for Clymer, Jeff helped me cut all the pieces apart for the quilt!  He was a great help!  We also got to go golfing with Jeff's parents while we were there!  I had a blast golfing - especially since I actually hit the ball more than I missed it!

Here are some pictures from the project...




I forgot in the midst of all the rush at Grand Assembly to get a picture of the final project hung up but I am on the search to see if anyone else has a photo.  If I get ahold of it I will be sure to post it!

After we got back from Clymer, Jeff unpacked and re-packed for a business trip to San Antonio, Texas to learn about a new piece of software.  He left Monday evening and returned home last Wednesday night.  While he was in Texas, I was unpacking and re-packing for Grand Assembly.  I left on Wednesday morning and returned home in the evening of Saturday!  I was so tired but thrilled that I got to see Jeff again!  I really missed being away from him!  On my way home after visiting with Jeff when I returned home, I saw a giant Rainbow in the sky!  How fitting?!



Today, Jeff and I went to church in the morning to say goodbye to the current priest.  He is retiring and moving to Charleston.  Jeff and I have really enjoyed listening to his homilies in church over the past many years and we will certainly miss him.  We are looking forward to meeting the new priest who will be the one to marry us!

After church, we spent the day relaxing at my parents house watching the World Cup (soccer) and the US Open (golf).  I took a long nap to try to catch up on all the sleep I lost!  We had a great day together just hanging out and relaxing.  Back to the real world tomorrow!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment