Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bittersweet... Graduation weekend!

What a whirl-wind of a weekend!  I finished my last final on Thursday morning and drove to Morgantown.  Friday Jeff and I spent all day on making his new apartment feel like home.  We took a trip to Pittsburgh to IKEA (one of our favorite places) to get some furniture, kitchen supplies and home decor.  We had a blast staying up until 2:30am putting furniture together, making dinner and enjoying each other's company.  Here are some pictures of the apartment, before and after the work we put in on Friday.

Jeff's old dresser drawers... the poor dresser fell to pieces in the move...

Before the dresser:

After the dresser...


Living room... without furniture...


Old entertainment center...


New bookshelf!!!

The new coffee table...


Putting together the entertainment center... the new end table is in the background (it's light colored wood)...


Jeff's new entertainment center and the bookshelf...



On Saturday, Jeff's family came to Morgantown for his college graduation.  It is so hard to believe that 5 years ago we both came to WVU as freshman, met a year later in our sophomore year, and we are now inseparable.  WVU will always hold a special place in our hearts.  As Jeff said the morning of his graduation, "I could have done a lot of things while I was here at WVU - but I got my degree and I found my wife - guess I can't ask for much more than that."  (How sweet is he??)  The commencement ceremony was beautiful and we celebrated afterwards with dinner at Cheddars, delicious cookies on a stick (thanks Julie Ganske!) and a WVU cake that Jeff's mom decorated!  It was beautiful!  We also celebrated Kristy's birthday (Jeff's sister)!  Happy Birthday to you Kristy!!

Jeff's family headed home on Sunday but not before stopping for breakfast with my family at IHop!  We all ate lots of food and were stuffed!  Can't wait until we can all get together again!

Here are some pictures from graduation:

Graduation stage...

Jeff on the scoreboard getting his diploma!


Jeff leaving the ceremony...


Two WVU Alumni!! Yay!
Happy Birthday too Fresh!


Jeff and his parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment