Monday, May 3, 2010

Humidity, Phil and Us!

Every year the PGA Tour makes a stop in Charlotte, NC at the Quail Hollow golf course. The tournament used to be called Wachovia Tournament, but they pulled their sponsorship - so now it is called the Fed Ex Cup (I think). Anyways, as many of you know, Jeff and I LOVE golf (not to mention sports in general). We weren't going to go to the tournament at first, but then Tiger AND Phil announced they would be playing in the tournament, we immediately bought tickets.

Unfortunately, Tiger didn't make the cut, but Phil sure did! Jeff and I arrived at the tournament around noon after catching a shuttle from a parking area. The tournament people were very, very efficient. We grabbed some food and drinks, then headed to the number 3 green where we watched several groups go through. Then Phil came through and I was soooo excited! After watching everyone on that green, we headed to grab some more food and drinks and head for air conditioning in the merchandise tent. The heat and humidity were almost unbearable. We were both exhausted after only being there for about 2 hours. After our refreshments, we headed to the number 9 green, watched several go through again (including Phil), then headed to watch them in the fairway of number 10.

Number 17 is pretty tricky. The players have to tee off over water and make it on to a little island type area... Jeff and I sat down on the bank of the water, opposite of the hole. We watched several players go through, and then watched Phil one more time before leaving. Rory McIlroy won the tournament and set a record for the course. It was his first win on the PGA Tour! Congrats to him!!

We don't have any pictures from inside because we weren't allowed to take cameras or cell phones, but we did get a picture before the tournament and after... Can you tell how exhausted we were?

Here is one of Jeff before we left. He folded his poncho up inside itself and hung it off his belt. Needless to say, he didn't wear the poncho like this at the tournament. :-)


Here is a picture of us outside of my apartment before heading to the tournament...


Here is a picture of us in the car AFTER the tournament... exhausted and "tan" -haha!





1 comment:

  1. Hey, Jeff what a loving tour you did with your wife Mal at Golf club. It is really nice to make a tour with someone who we love too much and also want to spent some time just alone with her or him. I do also with my two little boys and my loving husband Diago at least one day in a week. If you finding someone who can satisfy your expectation on your first anniversary. Then give us a chance to do that, because I am the event organizer and planner and my husband is a awesome even t photographer. You can take a review ion your site name trendyfunparty.com. So that you could get me that what kind of service I do fro special couples as like you and Mal.
    Thanks to read my comment and review my website.

    ReplyDelete