Monday, September 13, 2010

Dress Shopping!

July 30 . . . Lindsay, the Maid of Honor, made the trip from Baltimore to Morgantown to spend the weekend dress shopping with me!  I was so excited to have her join me!  I refused to go shopping until she could be there with me.  I knew that she would give me her honest opinion and not sugar coat things trying to make me happy!  My mom and I went to a shop on Friday before Lindsay arrived in town but didn't have any luck.  Once Lindsay arrived, we enjoyed some wine and bride magazines before falling asleep!  We had a blast catching up!  We got up super early Saturday and headed to Fairmont for the first shop.  Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck at the store.  While we were there, I saw a photo of a dress that I had recently found in a magazine, but unfortunately, the store didn't have the dress in stock.  I was determined to find that dress somewhere and try it on.  After leaving Fairmont, Lindsay and I dropped my mom off at home so she could go to a banquet for my brother and we picked up Kristin and headed to Pittsburgh to continue our dress adventure.  We had appointments at two dress shops - and to be honest, I couldn't have imagined the fun we had.  Between Lindsay stuffing fake boobs in my dress and the fashion show Lindsay and Kristin put on in the various bridesmaid dresses, I had a smile on my face all day - except when we were rushed out of one store (despite our appointment not being over).

As we headed to the last stop of the day, I told Kristin and Lindsay I wasn't expecting much because I had never had much luck with this particular store, but I was open to trying out every option!  We walked in and were greeted by a wonderful sales lady, Elaine, who was amazing!  I showed her several dresses in the catalog that I wanted to try on and she informed me that I showed her the same dress 3 or 4 times throughout the catalog without even realizing because the dress was pictured from different angles.  She said she would pull all the ones I pointed out, but had a feeling she knew which one I would pick.  After trying on a few dresses, I put a dress on with Lindsay's help.  Prior to this dress, before I walked out of the fitting room, Lindsay would give me her opinion.  This time, she wouldn't even look at me - I have to say I was a little irritated with her at that point because I wanted to know what it looked like before I walked out and potentially looked like a complete dork!  I walked out, and it seemed like the world stopped... like everyone in the store stopped and turned to look at me... like I was the only one tying on dresses.  I looked over and I could swear Lindsay had a tear in her eye - a tear of happiness and Kristin was all smiles.  That's when I knew I found my dress!  I felt so amazing in that dress and it wasn't at all what I thought I would end up falling in love with.

Lindsay and Kristin tried on a ton of bridesmaid dresses to help me get an idea of what style/color dress I wanted for the special day.  Here are some photos of the girls in their dresses being goofy...


After some lovely fashion shows of bridesmaid dresses and wedding dresses, before heading home, we headed to Primanti Brothers for some amazing food!

Since my parents weren't with me, I didn't want to make the final decision without them.  I really wanted my mom and my dad to see it and get their opinion so my parents and I drove back to Pittsburgh on the next day and ended up buying the dress!!!!  The dress has come in and is being safely stored at my parents house!

Want to know which dress I picked out?  Guess you will have to come to the wedding to find out!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment