Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh How I Love the Holidays!

I am sad to say, Christmas has come and gone.  It is truly one of my favorite times of the year (minus the snow of course!)  I get to see friends and family and just relax!  It is such a fun time and I can never get enough of it!  This year, I got my Christmas wish early - Jeff to have a job in Charlotte!  So I have been on a high cloud for weeks now!  After working in the office for a week, Jeff and I jumped in my car and headed to Morgantown for holiday celebrations with my family!  We had a great time catching up with friends and seeing all of the family.  After a few days in "Mo-Town" we headed farther north to Clymer to see Jeff's family and friends!  It was a wonderful time filled with lots of food, laughter and of course, lots of snow!  We rang in the New Year at the magnificent French Creek Tavern surrounded by friends!  What a great way to start the new year... our wedding year! :)  Here are some pictures from the holidays...

I got a new camera for Christmas and didn't think to have my camera beside me for opening gifts at my parents... :-(  Here is one from gifts at my aunts! 
 This is the snow out of my bedroom window in Clymer... This room is on the second floor!  There is a porch roof below the window, but there was about 3-4 feet of snow on the roof!  Jeff tried to shovel it off from the window, but it was not a successful attempt.  The snow was way too heavy!
 More Snow!!!!
 Due to all the heavy snow and rain that has fallen, the roof to one of the warehouses at Maplevale Farms, where Jeff's dad works, collapsed.  The company has had to move their operations 30 minutes away from this location, but luckily have been able to keep shipping!  Thankfully, no one was injured in the collapse!
 NYE had arrived!!!  We went to dinner at a local place but weren't impressed with their "special NYE menu" so we had some appetizers, and headed for the Tavern where we knew we would love the food!  After dinner a few more friends showed up to begin festivities!

Here are the ladies!
 The Future Mr. & Mrs. Willink! <3

Christmas came on New Year's Day since it was the best day to get everyone together.  Here are some pictures from opening gifts...

Brian with his new mug that said: "My dad thinks I'm cool" - priceless!
 Tate with his new WVU hat!
 Jeff and the nephews with their Bills gear!
I'm so glad we were able to spend the holidays surrounded by our family and friends!!!  Here is to an awesome New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. You can never guess what a heavy downfall of snow can do to properties. But looking at the pictures, I think we can now make a good assumption. The roof was a total wreck, but I’m glad that no one was hurt. But this should not stop us from celebrating the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete